A careful examination of the policies pursued by the Obama administration and his allies in Congress shows that their agenda is corporatist. For example, the health care bill that recently passed does not establish a Canadian-style government-run single-payer health care system. Instead, it relies on mandates forcing every American to purchase private health insurance or pay a fine. It also includes subsidies for low-income Americans and government-run health care “exchanges.” Contrary to the claims of the proponents of the health care bill, large insurance and pharmaceutical companies were enthusiastic supporters of many provisions of this legislation because they knew in the end their bottom lines would be enriched by Obamacare.
Similarly, Obama’s “cap-and-trade” legislation provides subsidies and specials privileges to large businesses that engage in “carbon trading.” This is why large corporations, such as General Electric support cap-and-trade.
To call the President a corporatist is not to soft-pedal criticism of his administration. It is merely a more accurate description of the President’s agenda.
And with everyone of these legislations, the corporate world becomes more corrupt and those speaking out against it will be bashed or even harmed. These will be harder and harder to undo as time passes thanks to lobbyists and the State. Similar to the Fed benefiting giant corrupt banks. Anyone who tries to undo it will likely be taken out of the system by lobbying/media or “forcibly removed”.
- fyeahronpaul reblogged this from laliberty
- jtem likes this
- fixinghealthcare likes this
- cabbagesk1ngs likes this
- archetypum likes this
- djgalactosaur reblogged this from laliberty
- jammintheclam likes this
- parapolitical likes this
- zanshinart likes this
- anggrieandriawan reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- youcantairbrushpersonality likes this
- laliberty reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- illhollaatchu reblogged this from anticapitalist
- womaninpearls likes this
- antigovernmentextremist reblogged this from politicss
- graceinmyheart likes this
- emotionalfrittata likes this
- politicss reblogged this from stfucorporatists
- gigglesandanixi reblogged this from stfucorporatists
- politicss likes this
- nellieblystunad likes this
- stfucorporatists reblogged this from kabo
- kabo posted this